Another suggestion

Once it's running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Yestin
Gephi Plugin Developer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Another suggestion

Post by Yestin » 25 Mar 2010 08:07

When I wanted to add a node to the graph using the "Node Pencil", I found the new node is too small to see clearly. I think the size of new node should be the same as the nodes of the original graph.
Even if the sizes of the original graph differs from each other because of using the ranking module, The size of new node shoud be assigned a proper value.
This is not very important. But It can increase usablity:)

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Another suggestion

Post by mbastian » 25 Mar 2010 15:09

Yes that is an issue. I fileld the Usability section on our Ideas list.

Size of nodes is actually relative when you import your data. The thing is that our 3d space is something between -10000 and +10000, in order to nicely optimize the octree structure. So when importing or generating a graph, the "Scaler" class tries to adapt the node size and position in order to nicely occupy the space. When working on small graphs node size will therefore be increased and the contrary when graph is larger.