No Arabic Labels in PDF Export

Once it's running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
paulmlovejr
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
No Arabic Labels in PDF Export

Post by paulmlovejr » 08 May 2014 03:24

Hello! I have a question about exporting as a PDF. When I export using Latin characters for the labels, I have no problem. However, when the labels are in Arabic, they do not show up. I can export as a png or svg (or just take a screen shot another way) but then I lose the quality when I need to zoom in on the graph or blow it up on a much larger screen. The question is: Is this because the labels are in Arabic? If so, any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

-P

paulmlovejr
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: No Arabic Labels in PDF Export

Post by paulmlovejr » 29 Sep 2015 13:55

So, I have yet to resolve this problem.

A couple of changes led to some interesting results. One obvious problem was that I was originally using a font that was not unicode and so Gephi just ignored them on the export as a PDF. Using a Unicode font results in a common problem with Arabic on MAC: the letters are no longer connected.

After over 900 views, no one else has any suggestions? Any ideas would be appreciated.