Two visualization "How to"s

Once it's running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
noarappaport
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Two visualization "How to"s

Post by noarappaport » 11 Nov 2012 19:44

Hi,
I have a network of a few nodes. I would like to:
1. Color the nodes in different colors. In principle each node is an entity coming from a few sources, and I would like to give it a color based on its "credibility". Can I state the color for each node in Gephi ? or alrternatively, can each node be composed of a pie chart of a few colors ?
2. I would like to size of each note to correlate with its degree distribution, is that possible ?
3. Also, can I make the label show for only some of the nodes and not all ?

Thanks!
Noa

noarappaport
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Two visualization "How to"s

Post by noarappaport » 12 Nov 2012 10:35

OK,
In the meantime I found this most helpful link:
http://blog.ouseful.info/2011/07/07/vis ... s-network/

Now I have the following problem:
I imported an attribute column through the "Data Laboratory", and made sure its type is "BigInteger", however, when I try to color the nodes by this attribute using the partition panel, it does show on the list, but nothing happens and I get no colouring options.

can anyone help with that ?

thanks!

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 12 Nov 2012 22:47

Hi,
Try to use a normal Integer column.

BigInteger is for storing very large numbers that can't fit in a normal integer or long.
Partition and Ranking could be adapted to accept BigIntegers anyway.

1 and 2. Use Ranking for these needs. Multiple colors in a single node is not yet supported but is possible as a preview plugin (check this thread http://forum.gephi.org/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1665 A plugin has not been realeased yet though).
3. Filters panel can hide some nodes labels based on some filtering. Hiding each nodes label manually, I don't think it's possible now, but it should be easy to add to data laboratory.

Eduardo

jimmyjazz1975

Post by jimmyjazz1975 » 03 Jan 2013 16:05

Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to partition data based on String attributes. I've successfully created an integer attribute and used this for partitioning, but it would be nice to do it based on a String.

Also if it turns out that you can only use Integers, i'd be interested to learn if there's a way to display a String for the partition, rather than having to manipulate the final image to add labels...

Thanks!

Jim