Issue with the start date for nodes

Evolution and dynamics on networks in Gephi: UI, data formats, algorithms...
sunny12
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Issue with the start date for nodes

Post by sunny12 » 30 Nov 2017 17:14

Hello ,
I'm trying to create a dynamic graph according the start day of presence of each nodes, in my CSV file I could see the nodes that have the different start day but when I import this file to the Gephi , in the start column I could see one of the start dates , Is there any solution ?
my end dates are diffrent from the start days for example
name start end
n1 2017-01-01 2017-05-30
n2 2017-05-01 2017-08-30

but after importing the data in gephi I have all the start days 2017-01-01 !!!!!

I try to do the same thing in https://seinecle.github.io/gephi-tutori ... namic.html

I have another question about the time line , Is ther a way to choose the time line for nodes or edges ?
suppose that we have intervals for edges and interval for nodes , is there a capacity too choose wich interval appears in timeline? I think the edges timeline is default ?

Thanks,

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Issue with the start date for nodes

Post by eduramiba » 01 Dec 2017 10:03

Did you choose both start and end dates for merge and the correct date format? (yyyy-MM-dd)

Also check https://github.com/gephi/gephi/wiki/Import-Dynamic-Data

sunny12

Post by sunny12 » 01 Dec 2017 17:32

I did all the possibilities but it didn't work like the example that you provide in tutorial , Please help me to learn how to calculate time interval , I really need this feature .If you have the tutorial for that please let me know , I couldn't find a complete version .
my questions :
1- How could I do merge in 3 columns ?
2- How we could have the same time line for edges and nodes ? actually i did the same steps in https://seinecle.github.io/gephi-tutori ... namic.html but I have not the same results.
3- I want to know how nodes appearing on screen at their start date, and leaving the screen at their end date?

Could I have the data for the example of tutorila to compare ?!

Thanks millions

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 01 Dec 2017 18:01

Hi,
Please attach your files and I will do it and describe steps

sunny12

Post by sunny12 » 01 Dec 2017 19:20

this is nodes and the edges files !
Thanks
Attachments
nod.csv
(9.02KiB)Downloaded 432 times
edg.csv
(56.2KiB)Downloaded 426 times

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 01 Dec 2017 22:10

You should not have a blank header column at the start of nodes file, or it will be auto-interpreted as a matrix input (you can still choose nodes table during import wizard but that produces bad column data).

Same about edges. Also, they contain interval data for parsing but the formatting is incorrect, so you still need to merge start and end columns and not use the interval column.

I fixed your files and created the final network (attached).
Attachments
steps.zip
(495.33KiB)Downloaded 391 times
nod.csv
(7.97KiB)Downloaded 430 times
final-network.gexf
(313.42KiB)Downloaded 416 times
edg.csv
(25.94KiB)Downloaded 401 times

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 01 Dec 2017 22:27

Mmm reviewing the file, it seems there is a bug with the parsing of dates and the applied timezone (it should use the timezone configured in the graph configuration, but must be using my own computer timezone and creating wrong dates). Let me check it and find a workaround (probably set your computer time zone to UTC).

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 01 Dec 2017 22:34

I was able to produce a correct final file by setting the graph timezone to my computer timezone.
I attach it, and will create an issue in github about this (date parsing and exporting to gexf in 'Date' mode should produce consistent results).
Attachments
final-network.gexf
(313.14KiB)Downloaded 403 times

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 01 Dec 2017 22:36

sunny12

Post by sunny12 » 01 Dec 2017 23:09

I will check a gain and will let you know the result , I will attach my result .
I want to check why the nodes that not exist at july appears still in graph .

Thanks millions For your great help !