Vizualizing Trade Costs

Algorithms and parameters to put data in space
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nekoinhongo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Vizualizing Trade Costs

Post by nekoinhongo » 15 Aug 2017 13:53

I am stuck with finding the right layout for visualizing trade costs. These are weighted directed flows signifying the cost of trade among countries. The higher the value, the higher the cost of trade and the lower the value the lower the cost of trade. What would be nice to see is for example country's which are geographically distant but have lower trade costs are seen closer together.

I'm attaching the csv file. Really appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks so much :)
Attachments
TradeCost2015Manufacturing.csv
(96.76KiB)Downloaded 509 times

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Vizualizing Trade Costs

Post by eduramiba » 15 Aug 2017 17:00

Hi,
MDS plugin might help with this http://www.wouterspekkink.org/?page_id=200

nekoinhongo

Re: Vizualizing Trade Costs

Post by nekoinhongo » 21 Aug 2017 05:07

Thanks so much for this, I have played around with the MDS plugin and I seem to be in the right direction. I just can't quite understand the benefit of the different dimensions. If I run the tool under 4 dimensions lets say, what is recommended for the visualization part, for example 1st and 4th dimensions? I would really appreciate if you can help me understand this better. Thank you so much for your kind advice :)