Separating Bi-Directional Edges when Importing CSV

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
brentcl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Separating Bi-Directional Edges when Importing CSV

Post by brentcl » 08 Jun 2017 22:00

Hello,

I am using the graphical interface for creating a graph from a .csv file. The issue I'm having is if I have for instance the edges A -> B and B -> A, in my data these are two completely separate unidirectional edges with different attributes and I need them to be represented in the graph as such. However, when I load the file the program combines the edges into a single bidirectional edge and discards the attributes for one of them. I do not want this to happen but I can't seem to find an option to turn it off which is pretty trivial thing to implement so I imagine it must be possible somehow right? So assuming it's possible how do I do this?

Thanks!

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Separating Bi-Directional Edges when Importing CSV

Post by eduramiba » 09 Jun 2017 22:24

Are you using spreadsheet import? Make sure your edges don't have 'Undirected' value in the type column (or no type column at all).

brentcl

Post by brentcl » 12 Jun 2017 14:16

eduramiba wrote:
09 Jun 2017 22:24
Are you using spreadsheet import? Make sure your edges don't have 'Undirected' value in the type column (or no type column at all).
I am spreadsheet import yes. And I don't have a type column but when I import it without one it defaults to directed type so that isn't the issue.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 12 Jun 2017 15:11

What version of Gephi are you using? Can you post a few screenshots of the process you follow?

brentcl

Post by brentcl » 12 Jun 2017 20:11

eduramiba wrote:
12 Jun 2017 15:11
What version of Gephi are you using? Can you post a few screenshots of the process you follow?
I am using Gephi 0.91 for Mac.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 3.05.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 3.06.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 3.06.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 3.09.15 PM.png

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 14 Jun 2017 12:13

And can you post sample rows and the wrong edges in Gephi created by those rows?