Legend Module

GSoC developers forum
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
srikant.ritolia
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Legend Module

Post by srikant.ritolia » 29 Mar 2012 18:11

I am interested in GSOC idea of implementing Legend in Preview Module.
As of now this is in short what I have understood and planned. I would create a legend plugin panel in the user interface. User can add/remove any attribute from the pannel and customize according to himself. There would be following division in legends -
1) Title and author information
(In this user will have to explicitly enter the details in the text box)
2) Colour (what group each colour specifies) - will get data from Partition module
3) Statistics - total no of nodes, total no of edges, average degree, diameter, average shortest path, etc. (as in this example ) - will get data from Statistics module
4) Ranking - we can have interactive legend as shown in the this paper (fig1, fig2) for node/edge color, sizes, etc. - will get data from Ranking module.
User can move the legend on the screen and put it at the place of his choice.
In the preview module I have to make changes in render system as it will render data from legend module also. I will do more of research and search for good example of graph with legends.
Please let me know if I am missing something.

srikant.ritolia
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Legend Module

Post by srikant.ritolia » 29 Mar 2012 21:07

I just wanted to know who would be the mentor for this idea because in GSOC 2012 gephi idea page there is no mentor name written for this idea.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 30 Mar 2012 22:31

Hi,
Yes, that is the basic idea.
About placing the legend with the mouse, we will need to implement some basic mouse interaction between the graphic and plugins so they can at least receive click events. Mouse now moves and zooms, so an idea to do it is to have a mode in which mouse events are sent to a plugin.

About the mentor, I don't know if we already have one assigned.

Eduardo

mayhewsw

Post by mayhewsw » 12 Jul 2012 15:01

I'm interested in having something like this too, but for the Overview pane. Is there any progress on this?

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 13 Jul 2012 13:09

Hi,
We are working on the legend, but always for Preview where high quality graphics are created, there are no plans for Overview.

Eduardo

vanjakz

Post by vanjakz » 21 Oct 2013 09:27

Hello!

Colleagues tell me, please, is there now working Legend plugin for Gephi?
And where can I get it?

Advance I thank for your reply!
Ivan.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 08 Jan 2014 21:16

Hi,
The source code for the preliminar version of this project is here https://github.com/vijeshm/gephi-gsoc13-legendmodule
But it has not been included in Gephi yet.

Eduardo

AuroreVAl

Post by AuroreVAl » 16 Dec 2014 10:04

Hello everyone,

I've started to manipulate GEPHI for few weeks and I wonder if it's possible to make or create a lengend to describe the mean of each nodes and edges for example.

Thank you for your help !