GSoC 2012

GSoC developers forum
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
vettukal
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
GSoC 2012

Post by vettukal » 25 Feb 2012 15:38

Hi I am Vincent. I am interested in Gephi and have downloaded the source and have 'run' it.

Just wanted to know whether you are participating in this year's GSoC 2012 and what are the ideas for this year.

Cheers
Vettukal

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: GSoC 2012

Post by admin » 25 Feb 2012 17:19

Hi Vincent,

We'll apply this year again. We are still thinking on the projects we will propose. What is your interest?

cheers,
Sebastien

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Post by seinecle » 20 Mar 2012 12:03

Hi Sebastien,

I've an idea for a GSoC project, could you tell me if there is a dedicated space on the forum where I could post it? Thx!

Best,

Clement

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 20 Mar 2012 13:33

Yes, here :)

ioana.croitoru

Post by ioana.croitoru » 22 Mar 2012 20:09

I have read this posts and I saw that your organization is looking for very experienced programmers. I have some experience in Java but I am only in second year at Computer Science.
I have posted in "[2012] Present yourself! " where I described myself a little.
I want to ask if I have any chance to be accepted or not? I want to know this because I am planning to start making my application and I want also to look on bug list and on the coding task list to see what can I do.
Thanks!

apatriarca
Gephi Core Developer

Post by apatriarca » 23 Mar 2012 15:24

Yes, you probably have some chance to be accepted. It is actually higher than in most projects if one look at past acceptance rates. Last year we were able to accept a student for each proposed idea and there was maybe 2 or 3 students for each idea (I do not remember the exact numbers). Clearly, some projects are harder than others, but the project you listed do not require much knowledge outside of what you listed in your presentation.

ioana.croitoru

Post by ioana.croitoru » 04 Apr 2012 21:19

I have started to make my proposal and I am about to finish so I have some questions.
I want to apply for 3 projects. It is necessary to make 3 proposal or just one in which to mention the name of the projects that I want?
It is necessary to send the proposal somewhere else or just on the google melange?
Thanks
Ioana Croitoru

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 04 Apr 2012 21:37

Write separate applications, and just send them to google-melange. Thanks!