Become a Gephi tester

Discussion of development versions only
mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Become a Gephi tester

Post by mbastian » 08 Feb 2010 12:50

Join the community now and become an official Gephi tester. You are welcomed to give all feedbacks about alpha and beta versions and report any bug you find throught this forum section or the bug tracker. You will also get early access to new features and be invited to participate to roadmap design and specifications.

Please answer to this thread, say Hi! ;) and give us some information about you if you like, and in which perspective you want to use the software. As Gephi is a generic tool and can therefore deal with many different datasets, knowing you more will also improve our vision of what users need. We will also be pleased to answer particular questions about design and features and share with you our preview media materials (tutorials, videos, ...).

Official testing plans will be put in place on our wiki very soon. In the meantime, report all issues in this forum section. Thanks.

Download Gephi

EDIT: HowTo Test Development Version

cmaussan
Gephi Beta Tester
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Become a Gephi tester

Post by cmaussan » 08 Feb 2010 14:35

Count me in :)

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Post by seinecle » 08 Feb 2010 17:03

Count me in as well.
First issue: the Force Atlas seems to work awkwardly: very slow, the nodes do not spread: the isolated nodes remain at the centre when they should form a circle around the main component. Anything about this?

Thx!

Clement
PS: I plan to use Gephi 0.7 for a presentation at Erasmus University Rotterdam next week, I'll send you the slides!

straux
Gephi Beta Tester

Post by straux » 08 Feb 2010 20:59

Hi, you can also count me in.

Again, congratulation for this amazing tool !

aurelienb
Gephi Beta Tester

Post by aurelienb » 09 Feb 2010 19:41

Yeah ! I'm here !

okiley

Post by okiley » 13 Apr 2010 20:01

I'd like to help out with testing, mostly from the user's end though. I don't have much programming knowledge at all.

I'm a landscape architect / planner, and as such I think Gephi is a great communications tool for discussing complex data (spatial and non-spatial data).

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 13 Apr 2010 20:55

Hi okiley,

Thanks for your help! I've added an official Testing team section here.

Each member will receive a pre-release version of Gephi a week or some days before an official update of the software.

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Post by mbastian » 14 Apr 2010 21:05

I think we will make an official testing mailing-list and you will all be invited.

mortfrog

Post by mortfrog » 02 Jul 2010 16:03

Count me in! You guys have an awesome piece of software :D

febius

Post by febius » 29 Sep 2010 11:25

Hi all,
count me in, I'd really like to help! I'm a university student in computer science, I have good Java knowledges, and I am inetrested in graph theory, which I started learning recently.