"Color Picker" doesn't work

Discussion of development versions only
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
taclab
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
"Color Picker" doesn't work

Post by taclab » 19 May 2010 13:22

Hi all,

When creating my graph, i want to change the colors of the nodes with my own values like "hex" or "rgb".
I open the "color picker" with Shift-right-click on a color of "Partition" windows. I choose my color. The color is updated in "Partition" windows but not in graph.

I make a mistake ? Gephi doesn't support some color palette ?

Code: Select all

Product Version: Gephi 0.7 alpha4 200912041610
Java: 1.6.0_17; Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 14.3-b01-101
System: Mac OS X version 10.6.3 running on x86_64; MacRoman; en_US (gephidesktop)
Thanks to gephi team for this great software,

jacomyma
Gephi Core Developer

Re: "Color Picker" doesn't work

Post by jacomyma » 19 May 2010 21:15

I tested and I have exactly the same problem... Very strange !

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by mbastian » 20 May 2010 00:08

I'm sorry I can't reproduce the bug but I'm not sure I understood well. You are creating the graph with the node pencil tool or from a file?

jacomyma
Gephi Core Developer

Post by jacomyma » 20 May 2010 08:55

See what happens in my case:

1) I open any graph. Typically a GDF produced by Navicrawler.

2) I refresh the list of node partitions, select "etat", which has "visite", "frontiere" and "voisin".

They have default colors. I apply, nodes color, everything's OK for the moment.
I now want to put my colors on the 3 categories, but I want precise HEX values.

3) Right-click on the "frontiere" color square. The small palette is flickering quickly (?) and the big palette appears.

In the bottom-right of this palette (a big color wheel) there is a "Hex" field.

4) I put "00FF00" in the Hex field and push the "Ok" button of the palette to confirm. The color of "frontiere" is now a flashy green.

5) I click on "Apply" in the Partition palette to color the nodes, but nothing happens.

Look at my screenshot... Even if I push the "Apply" button, my flashy green, that I set for all the 3 categories, doesn't apply...

More details: The same thing happens whatever the way I choose the color in the big wheel (color pick in the wheel, hex, HSB values...). As soon as I pick up a new color in the small palette, it applies again, but only for this category. I'm sure you'll succeed in reproducing this bug. I suggest that it could be a concurrence between two different implementations of a "Color" in Java...
Attachments
palette bug.png
Even if I push the "Apply" button, my flashy green, that I set for all the 3 categories, doesn't apply...

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Post by mbastian » 22 May 2010 11:04

Yes thanks I see know. Actually it's something not particular to Partition. If you right-click on the color chooser for text color it's the same, color is not saved. Somehow the event or the value is not passed correctly.

We can create a bug for that.

By the way I corrected an important issue with partitions. When the number of parts was too important the UI was freezing when changing partition. It's working fast now.