Missing window close buttons

Discussion of development versions only
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
axkibe
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Missing window close buttons

Post by axkibe » 02 Nov 2011 13:52

See screenshot. I cannot close windows anymore. Onlyway is to undock them and then to close it, but this also messes up the other viewscreens (Overview, Data Laboratory, Preview).

I don't have them on OSX, Linux and Windows! A colleague of mine got the 'x' buttons.

Any ideas why?

(Tested on 0.8 alpha and beta)
Attachments
gephishot.png

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Missing window close buttons

Post by admin » 02 Nov 2011 22:20

These buttons have been removed in 0.8-beta to have a less cluttered UI.

If you still execute 0.8-alpha, it will use the same preferences folder as the latest Gephi version you installed, so it may impact it.

axkibe

Post by axkibe » 03 Nov 2011 10:22

How do I then close a window?

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 03 Nov 2011 17:05

As you said: undock and close the window.

axkibe

Post by axkibe » 03 Nov 2011 18:04

Seriously? This has major problems:
* First this messes up all other screens, "Overview", "Data Laboratory" and "Preview" are joined in this regard, if I undock it and close a window, it is gone on -all- screens.
* Everything but intuative.
* If the 'x' is really so much clutter (but any Web-Browsers keep them) make it at least be closable from the menu,.for example by reselecting the window from the windowlist.

Gephi is a great tool, but honestly the MDI window manager is a PITA.