Graph turns white/grey when labels in mouse-over mode

Discussion of development versions only
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
seinecle
Gephi Community Support
Graph turns white/grey when labels in mouse-over mode

Post by seinecle » 09 Feb 2010 14:50

Hi,

The whole graph gets very transparent when one node is moused over to see its label. The node itself remains visible.

"Hide non-selected" is ticked
Size of labels is: fixed
Color is: unique

It might be an intentional feature of GEPHI. In this case, may I submit that it is not very useful? When you mouse over a node, you are usually interested in its relationships to the rest of the network - which should then remain visible.

Best,

Clement

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Graph turns white/grey when labels in mouse-over mode

Post by mbastian » 10 Feb 2010 11:04

Hi, thanks for the feedback

The feature that makes the graph transparent is highlighting and can be disabled in the visual properties bar (Global section). Moreover, you may activate Autoselect neighbor, that will automatically highlight as well neighbors of the node you are pointing with the mouse. Therefore when you display labels, it also display neighbor's labels, which is an interesting feature I guess.

Does that answer your question ?

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Re: Graph turns white/grey when labels in mouse-over mode

Post by seinecle » 10 Feb 2010 13:53

Yes!

I did not notice this tab. Sorry for this!

Clement

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable