Daily builds for Ubuntu

Discussion of development versions only
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rockclimb
System Developer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Daily builds for Ubuntu

Post by rockclimb » 11 Apr 2011 22:51

I've been working on a proper Debian/Ubuntu package of Gephi for a while, up to now focussing on packaging all the dependencies (a whole pile of Java libraries). Anyway, I've finally got an initial package sorted, and it's setup to build automatically from the main Gephi branch in Launchpad (lp:gephi). The resulting builds get published in the following PPA:

https://launchpad.net/~rockclimb/+archive/gephi-daily

This PPA should receive builds most days. Let me know how you get on.

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Daily builds for Ubuntu

Post by mbastian » 13 Apr 2011 07:02

Awesome Job! It was quite a bit of work to package all the libraries, great achievement ;)

We have daily builds!

yarikoptic

Post by yarikoptic » 25 May 2011 14:46

Hi rockclimb,

If you interested and packages are ready -- we could work on getting your packages into Debian proper so it would eventually land into Ubuntu universe as well.

Drop me a note (debian@onerussian.com) if interested.

Cheers

alexaverbuch

Post by alexaverbuch » 13 Jul 2011 14:22

Hey,
I've just started with Gephi but I have beginner-to-intermediate experience with graphs, graph databases, and graph visualizations.

The version I installed was the daily build, from here:
https://launchpad.net/~rockclimb/+archive/gephi-daily

I have some problems with it though. It installed and starts fine, but some of the menus don't work. For example, when I click on File->Open (or press Ctrl+O) nothing happens... the click isn't registered.
Is this a common bug?
If so, is there a simple work around?

I've running the Sun JRE.

Regards,
Alex

rockclimb
System Developer

Post by rockclimb » 14 Jul 2011 23:35

Hi Alex,

Thanks for trying out the package. I think I was missing a dependency in the package specification. I've updated my packaging information, and there should be an automatic build in the next few hours. Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,
Andy

alexaverbuch

Post by alexaverbuch » 18 Jul 2011 12:05

Hi Andy,
Thanks for the quick reply.
Gephi works now! I'm just playing it... great software!!!

Regards,
Alex

rockclimb
System Developer

Post by rockclimb » 11 Dec 2011 22:07

Daily builds have been broken since the move to GitHub but they're fixed again, and still available at https://launchpad.net/~rockclimb/+archive/gephi-daily

Andy

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 12 Dec 2011 10:26

That's great, thanks!