Attaching Files to Nodes

User's perspective on software quality
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
chs21259
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Attaching Files to Nodes

Post by chs21259 » 23 Mar 2014 18:06

Hey Everyone,

I think that Gephi would be even greater if it were possible to attach files to nodes. That, or allow nodes to contain hyperlinks to files on the computer. I'm still pretty new to Gephi, so if there is any way to do this I would love to know. Thanks!

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Re: Attaching Files to Nodes

Post by seinecle » 24 Mar 2014 16:18

Hi,
Please check this plugin: https://marketplace.gephi.org/plugin/li ... ce-plugin/
(urls might open files, too).
Best,
Clement

kalasa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Attaching Files to Nodes

Post by kalasa » 08 Apr 2014 20:58

Hello everyone,

I am quite new to gephi, but progressed pretty well in terms of setting up the software and experimenting with it. However I still cannot find one function, which I believe is somewhat similar to chs21259's problem. I use gephi for network mapping, and I would like to add some information to the nodes in a popup window, which would come up, when the pointer would be above the node.
Could you please let me know, is there any plugin available for this or is there any way to connect a database (eg. access) to the nodes, so these data could be imported from there?
I tried the plugin suggested by seinecle, however does not work work me (the message I got when I downloaded it was related to compatibility problems, although I have gephi 0.8.2 beta).

Any sort of help would be much appreciated, as it would be really important for my work.
Thanks for your help in advance.