spatially embedding networks in gephi

User's perspective on software quality
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ddriver1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
spatially embedding networks in gephi

Post by ddriver1 » 23 Feb 2014 22:43

Hi,

I am new to Gephi and network visualization in general, but I am wondering how Gephi deals with spatially embedded networks where the nodes have a spatial location. More specifically, I would like to know if it could visualize the network in a spatially accurate way. Is it possible to feed Gephi data with spatial data for nodes (maybe even connections) and then have it draw the network in a correct to scale manner?

Thanks

francis_flavin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: spatially embedding networks in gephi

Post by francis_flavin » 24 Feb 2014 22:15

There is a "Geo Layout" layout algorithm that is available as a plug-in that will help you.

It is available here: https://marketplace.gephi.org/plugin/geolayout/

You can choose a column of values to be your nodes' "latitude" values and a column of values to be your nodes' "longitude" values. The plug-in also has a place where you can scale those latitude and longitude values.

Good luck!