innitial thoughts

User's perspective on software quality
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Aldstan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
innitial thoughts

Post by Aldstan » 09 Nov 2013 02:36

Hi, I just started using Gephi a few days ago. I'm very thankful for the chance to try it out for free. I'm hopeful that this will finally end the quest to find software capable of displaying my whole family tree of about 80 trillion people (approximately).

So I've been taking some notes of issues and ideas to improve the program; hopefully these are helpful.

Bugs: Preview does not always show latest edges. Sometimes preview edges display the wrong color or do not display labels.

Irritants: Data Laboratory does not save column movement changes. Data Laboratory does not always create consecutive node IDs (ID numbers are occasionally skipped over).

Needs: (1)Undo button. (2) Keystrokes that allow easy zoom and 3D movement (for laptop users). (3) A left/right scroll bar for Data Lab so the columns don't get crunched.

Desires: (1) Optional notes windows for Data Lab cells. (2) Notes on nodes and edges that can be viewed with a click.

Thanks for sharing the software and for listening.

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Re: innitial thoughts

Post by seinecle » 11 Nov 2013 14:44

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions. Gephi has a system to track suggestions, can you please add yours?

The link is: https://github.com/gephi/gephi/issues?state=open

These suggestions can take time to be implemented, but at least in this system we are sure to keep a record.

Best,

Clement

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable