Visualized Serendipity

User's perspective on software quality
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
tassilok
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Visualized Serendipity

Post by tassilok » 05 Aug 2013 23:01

I have applied "ForceAtlas 2" to layout the data of my ontology-DB. I have 239350 Nodes and 383633 Edges (Object-Level). The result is attached. You can see serendipity on this image. I work since 2008 with my ontology-db and notice the serendipity frequently. Now, it's the first time that I see it. The darker areas are serendipity-areas.
Attachments
Graphs.png

francis_flavin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Visualized Serendipity

Post by francis_flavin » 06 Aug 2013 22:55

That's really cool. Thanks for posting that!

tassilok

Re: Visualized Serendipity

Post by tassilok » 07 Aug 2013 11:44

You could initiate an art-contest. I love the aesthetics of knowledge and the zoom from organic looking structures into technical/semantic structures.

The art of knowledge:
The art of knowledge-structure.png
and the zoom into its semantic:
Zoom into the semantic.png