Timeline Features

User's perspective on software quality
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ed Florets
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Timeline Features

Post by Ed Florets » 30 May 2013 21:26

The timeline features offers customization of your data, but there are a few things that stick out. One thing is the default timeline, I think it would be better to default to one time step rather than the entire timeline. It seems that users are more apt to want a shorter time window over always having to adjust the timeline. Another nice feature would be to change the step size, right now it's based on percent; I think a radio button that allows users to choose to increment by step size would be very useful.

At the moment I am creating dynamic videos using the Fraps screen capture function, so it would be nice if I could advance by step instead of having to calculate step size each time. You can always select a step size that sets the time step and percentage equal, but I think it would be nicer to have a choice.

Is it also possible to add an "export timeline as images" with the preview function?

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Timeline Features

Post by admin » 31 May 2013 07:28

Thanks for the suggestions,

We'll change the animation steps of the timeline (already planned), but I disagree on using a default step size as it would be arbitrary.

What do you mean by "export timeline as images"?

miturian

Re: Timeline Features

Post by miturian » 04 Jul 2014 16:01

would it be possible to use a smaller time step than 1%? there is much too much happening in my data to look at it in just 100 increments.