Suggestions on how to visualize dataset

User's perspective on software quality
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nberlove
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Suggestions on how to visualize dataset

Post by nberlove » 20 Nov 2012 18:41

I have a dataset that I am not sure how to visualize. I have a list of all the words in a dictionary, and I have a set of categorical properties of each words (part of speech, first letter, second letter... word frequency). I am looking for creative ways to organize the data. I'd like to see how many words share the same part of speech, or first letter etc. I thought something like this might work http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dbECP0yvozc/T ... etwork.png but I am not sure since there are several variables. Any suggestions?

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Re: Suggestions on how to visualize dataset

Post by seinecle » 21 Nov 2012 12:48

You can check the reply to this question:

http://forum.gephi.org/viewtopic.php?t=2315

(the discussion asks about differences in a portfolio of "products", in your case this is a difference in a portfolio of "words". "Features of products" discussed in the question correspond to your "features of words" (first letter, part of speech, frequency, etc.)

I hope this will be clear enough,

Best,

Clement

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable