Requests, Questions & Problems

User's perspective on software quality
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
androidripper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Requests, Questions & Problems

Post by androidripper » 21 Jul 2012 11:51

Hi,
I enjoy using Gephi and by first use it was impressive in terms of easy of use :)

I'm trying to represent FSM (Finite State Machine).
I often use "self-rings" and the edges are represented too "short" that often I don't see it :(

Is it possible also choose the size of the arrows?
So I can recognize between incoming edges and outgoing edges :)

Is there a way of representing multiple edges (or called parallel edges)?
I found a failure :(

I was creating manually the .gexf, I committed an error...I entered the same id for two edges.
even if they were different sources and targets, Gephi considers as parallel edges :(

for example:

<edge id="e20" source="a1" target="a2" label="e1" />
<edge id="e20" source="a3" target="a4" label="e20" />

- iAn
Last edited by androidripper on 22 Jul 2012 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Requests, Questions & Problems

Post by admin » 21 Jul 2012 13:19

Hi,

If you use ForceAtlas2 to layout the graph, increase the scale parameter to increase node repulsion.
Or you can set edge thickness using a button on the bottom of the viz.

Parallel edges are not handled by Gephi.

cheers