About Eulerian, Hamiltonian, coloring maps/vertex, GRAPHS

User's perspective on software quality
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Rafa Sanmartin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
About Eulerian, Hamiltonian, coloring maps/vertex, GRAPHS

Post by Rafa Sanmartin » 07 Mar 2012 12:08

Hello, i have been learning about graph theory (eulerian, hamiltonian, coloring maps/vertex, any algorith like Dijkstra), and now i have been seeing the hipergraphs, and i´m very interested in its apliccations to the real life, so i´m looking for good info/book about hypergraphs for organice meetings or othars (social networks)

I like very much Gephi and the visualization that create ( is fantastic ), but i have any questions:

1.- ¿Is Gephi appropiate to determine if a graph is eulerian, hamiltonian, to determinate how many colours be neccesary to colouring vertex or in a map? ¿or be gephi approppiatte to find a eulerian/hamiltonian path?

2.- ¿Can i determine the size of the graphic PNG that creates?

Thank you very much.

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: About Eulerian, Hamiltonian, coloring maps/vertex, GRAPH

Post by mbastian » 18 Mar 2012 01:59

1.- ¿Is Gephi appropiate to determine if a graph is eulerian, hamiltonian, to determinate how many colours be neccesary to colouring vertex or in a map? ¿or be gephi approppiatte to find a eulerian/hamiltonian path?
We don't have these algorithms implemented at this point. But Gephi can be extended with plug-ins. You cna write your own plugin and add these algorithms. Checkout http://wiki.gephi.org/index.php/HowTo_write_a_metric
2.- ¿Can i determine the size of the graphic PNG that creates?
You can set the size of the PNG image you want. When you click on export click on the "Options" button in the export window, after selecting PNG. You can create 8000*8000 pixels if you want.