Would a StackExchange site be of value?

User's perspective on software quality
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ayjaygi
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Would a StackExchange site be of value?

Post by ayjaygi » 18 Oct 2011 18:21

I've become a fan of StackExchange sites (particularly how easy it is to ask/answer questions and find relevant questions/anwers). I'm wondering if this has been onsidered for Gephi? phpBB and other forum software just have a lot of noise to signal ratio when compared to SE, *just my opinion*.

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Would a StackExchange site be of value?

Post by mbastian » 20 Oct 2011 02:39

That is a great suggestion. What are the services that proposes that? Is it free?

ayjaygi

Post by ayjaygi » 20 Oct 2011 04:27

Hard to summarize the advantages of SE/OSQA for a question/answer tech support platform. Have you ever used stackoverflow for programming related questions?

Looks like there is an opensource clone of StackExchange called OSQA. www.osqa.com.

I think OSQA would be ideal since could self host - if you tried to have a SE site would probably have to be broader perhaps - network visualization/analysis in general, which wouldn't fit the goals of having a robust QA platform for Gephi support.

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Post by mbastian » 20 Oct 2011 16:28

Hard to summarize the advantages of SE/OSQA for a question/answer tech support platform. Have you ever used stackoverflow for programming related questions?
Well sure I use it almost every day ;)
I think OSQA would be ideal since could self host - if you tried to have a SE site would probably have to be broader perhaps - network visualization/analysis in general, which wouldn't fit the goals of having a robust QA platform for Gephi support.
Sounds good. We could host it to our server, but this requires some extra work. Doesn't StackOverflow propose a hosted solution?