timeslider picky

User's perspective on software quality
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
axkibe
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
timeslider picky

Post by axkibe » 18 Oct 2011 15:10

Can you change the timeslider, so one can create small intervalls? When the slice become too small I cannot grab it with the mouse, it always resizes. On my dataset spanning 2 weeks, the smallest intervall i can move is about half a day. Even when middle section is highlighted, when a resize section is too near it will resize on mouse down instead! How about having the middle or right mouse button, or ctrl+click have always move the timeslider instead of resizing it? Additionally the time-size of the timeslider is IMHO vital information. Or keyboard controls to move the slider?

PS: The forums link you get for resetting your password is broken:
I got https:/forum.gephi.org/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=activate&u=[ID]&k=[KEY]
But for it to work, i had to remove the /phpBB3/ part.

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: timeslider picky

Post by mbastian » 18 Mar 2012 02:02

Can you change the timeslider, so one can create small intervalls? When the slice become too small I cannot grab it with the mouse, it always resizes. On my dataset spanning 2 weeks, the smallest intervall i can move is about half a day. Even when middle section is highlighted, when a resize section is too near it will resize on mouse down instead! How about having the middle or right mouse button, or ctrl+click have always move the timeslider instead of resizing it? Additionally the time-size of the timeslider is IMHO vital information. Or keyboard controls to move the slider?
We are currently preparing the 0.8.1 release, which should come in a week or so. It has a completely rewritten timeline. You can set custom bounds so you can manually configure the interval. Stay tuned.
PS: The forums link you get for resetting your password is broken:
I got https:/forum.gephi.org/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=activate&u=[ID]&k=[KEY]
But for it to work, i had to remove the /phpBB3/ part.
I'll look if something is wrong.