Different highlighting, please fix

User's perspective on software quality
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jsbenson
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Different highlighting, please fix

Post by jsbenson » 04 Sep 2011 23:30

When I go to the Data Table and highlight an item, the text color is white, the background is dark blue, and the highlighted data is easy to read.

However, when I right-click on a node and select the context menu entry "highlight selected elements in data table", the highlighted elements in the data table text color remains black while the background turns dark blue. In this case, it is very hard to read the text. My guess is that someone forgot to change the text color when highlighting from the context menu.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Different highlighting, please fix

Post by eduramiba » 05 Sep 2011 16:07

Hi,
Both features work equally by setting the rows selection of the table.
Visual issues like this one only happen with nodes table (it is an Outline table from netbeans API instead of a normal JTable).

I attach some visual issues happening with the Outline on Windows 7.
Sometimes scrolling the table quickly fixes them, but not with this bug.

In this case, rows highlight does not work right when the table does not have the focus.
A trick to fix this by forcing focus of the table has been just commited.

I am thinking about reporting this netbeans bug. But before, what OS are you using?
Can anyone confirm these visual issues happening with Mac/Linux/Other versions of windows?

Eduardo
Attachments
focus-rows-highlight-issue.png
popup-issue.png

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Post by mbastian » 05 Sep 2011 19:48

I tested in Mac OS X (Snow Leopard) and the problem is the same.

Eduardo your last commit fixes the problem here also.

jsbenson

Post by jsbenson » 05 Sep 2011 21:36

It looks like Mr. Bastian has already replied here, but just for the heck of it, I'm running Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3.

And Gephi "About" cpntains

Product Version: Gephi 0.8 alpha
Java: 1.6.0_26; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 20.1-b02
System: Windows XP version 5.1 running on x86; Cp1252; en_US (gephi)

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 06 Sep 2011 00:02

Hi,
Thank you both, then I will report a bug.
The popup thing happens too?

Eduardo