writing a DB connector plugin

Extensions and customization
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
equinox
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
writing a DB connector plugin

Post by equinox » 23 Feb 2011 21:24

In this linkhttp://wiki.gephi.org/index.php/Plugins_portal, there is a page to create a DB connector, however it is empty.

Can any one give me any details on how to proceed in doing this? I have access to a JDBC of a DB and I would like to use this to write a plugin, pulling out nodes, etc

Yestin
Gephi Plugin Developer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: writing a DB connector plugin

Post by Yestin » 24 Feb 2011 03:33

I didn't add a new jdbc driver before, but I think the most related module to add a new jdbc driver is DBDriver. You can get the source code and find it not very hard.
First create a new module and add the dependency of DBDriver http://wiki.gephi.org/index.php/Plugin_ ... 5_minutes). Then you should add the new jdbc driver library to your module. After that, create a new class XXXSQLDriver implements SQLDriver, which is similiar to classes in DBDriver Module. I think that's enough.

equinox

Re: writing a DB connector plugin

Post by equinox » 25 Feb 2011 22:20

what do you mean by "Then you should add the new jdbc driver library to your module."