HTTP graph plugin

Extensions and customization
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
guilhem
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
HTTP graph plugin

Post by guilhem » 10 Jan 2011 12:31

First, congrats to Tim (I only know his first name for this terrific plugin).

A quick tip that will help : if you want to use the plugin, you need to create a new project before generate the http graph. If you don't you'll have a beautifull java null pointer exception.

Jvdbrand
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: HTTP graph plugin

Post by Jvdbrand » 12 Jan 2011 15:13

I've been trying to get acquaintened with Gephi over the last past days and I am really impressed. I am currently researching possibilities to work even deeper on Social Media Analasys for companies worken in the Real Estate Sector..

I am a great fan of the HTTP graph plugin but can't manage to get it working.. My internet is wireless on a router and i can't get Gephi listening to my Firefox inputs, i've tried everything and i'm pretty hopeless..

My own IP is 192.168.1.1 , the router doesn't have a proxy installed and if I look to the listening port of my Firefox browser it changes per session..

Do you have any tips to crack this nut?

Kind Regards,

Jesper

phreakocious
Gephi Plugin Developer

Post by phreakocious » 12 Jan 2011 16:00

The proxy is actually part of the plugin. After you do the File/Generate/HTTP Graph, you are asked to specify a port for the proxy to listen on. This is the port you configure in Firefox.

The 127.0.0.1 address mentioned in the instructions is a reserved "loopback" address that universally refers to the system you're on.

I made a video of the process to help demonstrate how to use it: http://vimeo.com/18591468

Thanks!

Jvdbrand

Post by Jvdbrand » 12 Jan 2011 18:34

Ah sweet, I was working in the wrong order!

Thanks!

jacomyma
Gephi Core Developer

Thanks for HTTP graph plugin

Post by jacomyma » 13 Jan 2011 11:45

Thanks for this plugin, it's a great work !