Nodes attributes and import plugin

Extensions and customization
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
juandavidcruz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nodes attributes and import plugin

Post by juandavidcruz » 07 Dec 2010 23:05

Hello to all, I'm working in an application wich have to assign some information to the nodes, this information could be, for example, the groups to each node belongs, or in general, another type of information wich is not the standar node's information such as position or color.
I was writing an importer plugin based on the GraphML importer, but when I tried to add some methods for the node, whether implementing the NodeDraft or extending the NodeDraftImpl, I have errors, in the first case in execution time (ClassCastException) and in the second case, (even when Netbeans solve all the imports) a compilation time error from Ant.

I don't know if I'm doing something, or all, wrong or I'm making it more complicated than it really is. To summarize, I want to add to the nodes external information and use it as attributes in Gephi.

Sorry for the long text and thanks.

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Nodes attributes and import plugin

Post by admin » 08 Dec 2010 00:45

Hi,

Take a look at this HowTo: http://wiki.gephi.org/index.php/Toolkit ... attributes

Basically you don't need to implement or extend something.

First declare the node columns for attributes. Example:

Code: Select all

//Add boolean column
AttributeColumn testCol = model.getNodeTable().addColumn("test", AttributeType.BOOLEAN);
Then assign a value for each node:

Code: Select all

//Write values to nodes
GraphModel graphModel = Lookup.getDefault().lookup(GraphController.class).getModel();
for (Node n : graphModel.getGraph().getNodes()) {
    n.getNodeData().getAttributes().setValue(testCol.getIndex(), Boolean.TRUE);
}
This is the same way for edges.

Don't hesitate to ask more questions if you need!
See you at EGC'11 ;)

juandavidcruz

Re: Nodes attributes and import plugin

Post by juandavidcruz » 08 Dec 2010 07:40

Cool, thanks, this is what I needed.

Et oui, on se voit à EGC'11 :)