Tripartite network with multimode projections

Extensions and customization
saunila

Tripartite network with multimode projections

Post by saunila » 20 Nov 2017 15:30

Hi
I'm using Gephi 0.9.1.
I'm trying to analyze a tripartite network: administrators, companies and mother-companies. An administrator can work in several companies and a company employs several administrator. Several companies can belong to the same mother-companies and one company can belong to several mother-companies.
I load the tripartite data into Gephi (see attached Tripartite.gephi and png). Use the multimode plugin to collapse the company/mothercompany- mothercompany/company levels. I get a bipartite network (see attached Bipartite.gephi and png). No problem. It works fine.
Now the trick is that I get companies with links between each other.
I run the multimode network once again to collapse administrator/company-company/administrator. I get a monopartite network with ghost links refering to nodes that don't exist anymore (see Monopartite.png): between A1 and A3, A3 and A5. Moreover, the linking is missing all the links through a company-company link. Basically, all administrators should be connected to each other and they are not. For example, A4 is connected to A5 through C3-C1. The gephi save file gets corrupted from there and is unloadable so I don't attach it.
Has anyone had the same problem? How did you solve it? Any suggestions otherwise?
Thanks a million
/L
Attachments
Tripartite.PNG
Tripartite.gephi
(5.63 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
Monopartite.PNG
Monopartite.PNG (8.04 KiB) Viewed 144 times
Bipartite.PNG
Bipartite.PNG (11.56 KiB) Viewed 144 times
Bipartite.gephi
(5.68 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Re: Tripartite network with multimode projections

Post by eduramiba » 20 Nov 2017 15:45

Does it work fine with 0.9.2 (apply updates after install)?