image at nodes plugin

Extensions and customization
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
wurzelzwerg
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
image at nodes plugin

Post by wurzelzwerg » 13 Oct 2010 20:50

Hello,

I am a C++ guy with no practical experience on Java, so excuse me if something sounds strange.

I have seen the nodes as images proposal in this forum and I wanted to contribute a proposal which does not need to touch the node class too much.

My ideas of minimal requirements are:

initialization dialogue:
- select attribute (of the nodes) which to treat as images.
- select image size in terms of area (image will be depicted ratio preserving having that area)

function in plugin panel
-one switch to determine what is shown in the foreground (nodes and images will overlap!):
nodes OR images (one could think about a third "opaque overlay" display option)
-change area size (potential problem: might be a slow function w.r.t. rendering ... anyway its a non mandatory plugin ... )

- for Layout: image adjust algorithm as analogue of label adjust, in the laziest case it might work by using the smallest circle around the image rectangle which is defined by the diagonal axes of the rectangle,
this function might require the image to have an hidden attribute like "usedarea"

a way to display the small image in its original size:
context menu of node has entry which shows the image in an extra window
OR in my opinion better: image has context menu which "inherits" the context menu entries of the corresponding node

What do you think?

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: image at nodes plugin

Post by mbastian » 14 Oct 2010 17:30

Hi,

I think the image could be obtained from an URI attribute. It would also be possible to have a byte[] array column but I think the image would always come from an URI. The visualization would load the image. The image size could be obtained automatically but it would be nice indeed to be able to override it.

The label adjust already works with the rectangle area, not the diameter. So it would work for images as well.

This summer, Antonio started to work on a new visualization engine. Images for nodes is among the specifications. Would you like to work with him?

see http://wiki.gephi.org/index.php/Core_ev ... eplacement
and http://gephi.org/2010/gsoc-mid-term-shader-engine/

hydrant

Re: image at nodes plugin

Post by hydrant » 21 Nov 2011 19:14

Have it been implemented? I need this feature :/