Spigot Importer Plugin

Extensions and customization
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
colonhyphenp
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Spigot Importer Plugin

Post by colonhyphenp » 28 Jun 2010 01:12

Hello,

I am new to Gephi, and I must say I am quite impressed with the project! Anyway, I am trying to create an importer plugin for fun, and I believe the best way to categorize this plugin is as a "spigot importer" (because it will connect to a 3rd party web service).

I have created a new module and made implementations of the SpigotImporterBuilder and SpigotImporter interfaces, as well as the ImporterUI interface. Moreover, I have set the @ServiceProvider annotation on my SpigotImporterBuilder and ImporterUI implementations. However, when launching Gephi, I do not see how to actually run my spigot importer. I guess I was expecting to see a new menu item "File -> Import Spigot", analogous to the "File -> Import Database" menu item, but this does not appear to be the case. How does one run a spigot importer plugin from inside Gephi?

Thanks!
Dan

Note: I am running Gephi revno 1501 from the lp:gephi bazaar branch.

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Spigot Importer Plugin

Post by mbastian » 28 Jun 2010 23:01

I am new to Gephi, and I must say I am quite impressed with the project! Anyway, I am trying to create an importer plugin for fun, and I believe the best way to categorize this plugin is as a "spigot importer" (because it will connect to a 3rd party web service).
Yeah! Spigot is indeed the good category I think.
I have created a new module and made implementations of the SpigotImporterBuilder and SpigotImporter interfaces, as well as the ImporterUI interface. Moreover, I have set the @ServiceProvider annotation on my SpigotImporterBuilder and ImporterUI implementations. However, when launching Gephi, I do not see how to actually run my spigot importer. I guess I was expecting to see a new menu item "File -> Import Spigot", analogous to the "File -> Import Database" menu item, but this does not appear to be the case. How does one run a spigot importer plugin from inside Gephi?
You did everything right, the menu has been deactivated because I deployed a fast update last week, but now it's back into it. You can either update the trunk to the current revision or do the same operation I did, Right-Click on the Gephi Project -> "Add Existing" and find "DesktopSpigot" directory.

The Import Spigot should then appear normally, with your plugin their if everything is fine.

Keep us updated if you encounter other problems

colonhyphenp

Re: Spigot Importer Plugin

Post by colonhyphenp » 29 Jun 2010 02:49

Thanks, adding the DesktopSpigot directory to the Gephi project worked for me. I tried updating my bzr checkout of lp:gephi, but it said I was already up to date. No worries though, since the other fix worked.

Thanks again - I'll let you know if I have any other issues!
Dan