Source Code Visualization Plug-in

Extensions and customization
Nellistos
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Source Code Visualization Plug-in

Post by Nellistos » 05 Aug 2010 18:12

You should continue separately, not because of some kind of competition, but because you might have two different approaches ...
Another good point is to visualize the same SVN repos and see the different results and figure out why: bug? design?
Agree.
My plugin is not devoted to study repositories, it is only a small feature I included. So we only have a small overlap.
Agree except for the part about studying a repository. Mine is a small maybe smaller feature too :) .
...the next step would be to use the Java API provided by SVN or CVS to connect directly to a repository and have access to more functionalities...
Hadn't thought of that sounds great.

pbittner
Gephi Plugin Developer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by pbittner » 05 Aug 2010 18:48

At the beginning, I wanted my research project to focus on repositories and I had looked around for existing APIs. SVNKit (http://svnkit.com/) is a good example for SVN :)

pbittner
Gephi Plugin Developer

Post by pbittner » 05 Aug 2010 22:02

Here is another interesting graph: Package Dependency graph of Gephi's trunk with the node size linked to the number of bugs detected by FindBugs (http://findbugs.sourceforge.net).
package.png
Regarding the types of bugs, most of them belong to the Style and Performance categories.

The winner package is: org.gehi.statistics.plugin (51 bugs reported)
The winner class is: org.gephi.ui.timeline.plugin.drawers.minimal.MinimalDrawer (10 bugs reported)
And finally, the winner method is: org.gephi.branding.desktop.reporter.ReportController.logMessageLog(Report) (4 bugs reported)

If you want more details, I'll be happy to send you the Graph file.