Missing Layout Algorithm? (x, y, z transform)

Extensions and customization
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
francis_flavin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Missing Layout Algorithm? (x, y, z transform)

Post by francis_flavin » 08 Mar 2013 04:15

When I used Gephi 0.8.1 beta, there was a layout algorithm called something like "Transform" or "Transform (x,y,z). This algorithm allowed the user to layout the graph in xyz-space based on values in a particular attribute of a node, rotate around xyz axes by user-specified degrees, and (I think) skew the graph in xyz space by user-specified values.

I can achieve some of the x, y, and z positioning using the "Coordinates" tool in the "Ranking" dialog box. And, I can do some rotating using the "Clockwise Rotate" layout algorithm.

I can't find this plug-in in the marketplace and it's not something that's built in to 0.8.2.

Does anyone know how I can find or restore this plug-in?

Thanks a bunch!

joethemachine
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Missing Layout Algorithm? (x, y, z transform)

Post by joethemachine » 06 Jun 2013 20:58

Hey Francis,

I have the same problem and have been scouring the forums. I haven't seen a solution that works. It's kind of depressing. Right now I do it manually. Yep, thousands of nodes and edges moved manually based on some attribute or some partition.

Joe

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 09 Jun 2013 20:58

Hi,
I think you are talking about this plugin https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/916 ... mation.nbm
You can install it in 0.8.2 manually.
I am not sure why it's not available anymore or where the code is.

Eduardo

joethemachine

Post by joethemachine » 10 Jun 2013 04:46

Hi Edwardo,

I think no .. not quite what we're looking for. More like a clustering algorithm. So that clusters or groups based on node attributes are moved close to each other and clusters/clans and/or components that are not strongly connected are moved far apart from each other. Very basic algorithm which exists in most network packages like Pajek, UCIN, and NodeXl.

Thanks so much for your help.