can't load plugins

Extensions and customization
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bkmackellar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
can't load plugins

Post by bkmackellar » 07 Jan 2013 13:25

HI,
I have Gephi 0.8.2. I am trying to follow the Layouts tutorial, which directs me to install some layout plugins, such as OpenOrdLayout and CircularLayout. I go to Tools->Plugins, but these plugins do not appear in Available Plugins. Under Settings, there are two sources configured: Gephi ThirdPartyPlugins (http://gephi.org/updates/thirdparty/0.8.2/catalog.xml) and Gephi Update Center (URL: http://gephi.org/updates/official/0.8.2/catalog.xml).
Do I need to set up a different source to find these plugins? If so, what is the URL? I can't find it anywhere.

I also tried downloading directly and installing from the Downloaded tab, but that caused Gephi to completely hang up so I suspect that is the wrong approach. I also tried installing 0.8.2 on a different computer, and could not see the plugins in that installation either. Clearly I am doing something wrong, but I don't know what it is and I can't find any instructions for configuring plugin sources.

Thanks!

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: can't load plugins

Post by admin » 07 Jan 2013 13:44

Hi,

all of the plugins are not ready yet for 0.8.2, which was release last week. Please wait a bit, thanks :)

bkmackellar

Post by bkmackellar » 07 Jan 2013 13:52

Oh, I had not realized that. Should I backtrack to the earlier version then? I actually need one of the layouts for a paper I am writing this week. And will there be an announcement when the plugins are working? Right now, NONE of the plugins are listed as available.

thanks!

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 07 Jan 2013 14:40

Yes, use the previous version of Gephi. Please uninstall your current version, and remove the user dir as explained on http://gephi.org/users/install/

vmehra

Post by vmehra » 19 Apr 2013 16:22

Has this been fixed.

meli30

Post by meli30 » 26 Nov 2013 08:44

vmehra wrote:Has this been fixed.
Hello,

could you please let me know when this issue will be solved ? For how long will we have to use our old plugins ?

thanks a lot