GeoLayout

Extensions and customization
rotten
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: GeoLayout

Post by rotten » 23 Dec 2010 15:34

Thanks. I filed a bug. This morning I'm experimenting with the Cluster Strategy in OpenLayers to see if I can still build a meaningful visualization that will allow some data exploration with reasonable performance at the same time.

I rank Gephi at the top of my favorite tools/discoveries of 2010. If I had the free time and/or employer blessing I'd spend some energy figuring out how to integrate some sort of background images or tiles behind Gephi graphs. (Or how to make a Gephi graph a layer in OpenLayers. -- or both)

amacinho
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by amacinho » 12 May 2011 15:50

Hi,

Thanks for the GeoLayout plugin! I was wondering if you plan to implement Great-Circle-type edges (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_circle) instead of the default Bezier curves (see here: http://forum.gephi.org/viewtopic.php?t=1030).

Amaç

Niniebvgm

Post by Niniebvgm » 31 May 2011 19:21

Hello,

With geolayout, can we use coordinates Lambert 2 étendu to France. Coordinate systems of the plugin does not permit. Is there an extension or other location-based plugin?
Thank's !
Virginie

En français :
Je travaille actuellement sur des urls de sites français et j'aimerais réaliser une carte superposant mon graphe sur une carte de Paris. J'ai mis dans la table attributaire deux colonnes longitude latitude en lambert 2 étendu afin que mes nœuds se géolocalisent dans l'espace puis basculer sous Illustrator pour caler mon nouveau graphe sur mon territoire.
J'ai vu l'exemple des Etats Unis dans un autre sujet du forum, j'aimerai faire la même sur l'Ile de France, mais les systèmes de projections ne sont pas les mêmes.
Est ce possible?
Merci

Virginie

jbanks

Post by jbanks » 14 Jul 2011 19:15

Hi all,
Im fairly new to Gephi, although I haven't had too much trouble with it so far.
I have a CSV document with latitude and longitude and the output looks great with the Geo Layout. Now I am trying to figure out how I can layer my Gephi graph on top of a real map, like the map mbastian posted earlier on this thread. Can anyone help me out? Thanks. :D

elijah
Gephi Community Support

Post by elijah » 14 Jul 2011 21:13

You just need to make sure your output and your source map are in the same projection. Geolayout gives you a few projections, which is a technical term for how the surface of the Earth is flattened to show points. If you start looking at maps available on-line, they should make note of the projection used. You're not going to be able to use non-world scale maps, though.

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 14 Jul 2011 21:44

Btw,

You'll find free vectorial maps here.

jbanks

Post by jbanks » 19 Jul 2011 19:53

Hi,
I understand that the source map and the Gephi output have to be in the same projection. My question is actually, how do I layer these two maps onto the same image? Is there some kind of software for layering images?

elijah
Gephi Community Support

Post by elijah » 19 Jul 2011 23:16

If you export your Gephi network into SVG and then open up your base layer in Illustrator or Inkscape, you can resize the one to fit the other.

jbanks

Post by jbanks » 20 Jul 2011 14:25

admin wrote:Btw,

You'll find free vectorial maps here.
Hi,
So where can I find these free vectorial maps? When I tried searching on google, it just brought me back to this forum.
Thanks. :)

elijah
Gephi Community Support

Post by elijah » 20 Jul 2011 17:49

If you google "Mercator Projection" you'll get a number of images, or you could look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... rojections