plugins for a new view

Extensions and customization
diarra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
plugins for a new view

Post by diarra » 01 Aug 2012 09:46

Hi,
I would like to add a plugin for the view of relationship properties. Like the view of nodes properties when you double click on a node. I am neewbie on Gephi... I have already import the code source in Netbeans.
and my first problem is, i can run the program when i click right->run.
any help will be great.

diarra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: plugins for a new view

Post by diarra » 01 Aug 2012 13:03

Hi,
that's good. I solve this first problem.
Now i would like to know the plugin which handles the view of nodes properties.
Thank you

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 01 Aug 2012 18:41

Hi,
You can find the properties edit window in Tools Plugin module.
In order to add your own tools as plugins, use the Tools API like the tools in the Tools Plugin module do.

You can also add right click actions to nodes in overview and data laboratory as plugins.
For this, check org.gephi.visualization.spi package of Visualization API.

Eduardo

diarra

Post by diarra » 02 Aug 2012 08:55

Hi,
I dont really understand what you said.
Do i nead to create my own plugin ? can't i modify directly the code in order to have a view of the relationships properties?
And in which part of the program do they edit the node properties?
Thanks

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 02 Aug 2012 11:54

Yes, you can modify the code.
Node properties are edited in data laboratory or the edit window (you can modify it in Tools Plugin module, package org.gephi.ui.tools.plugin.edit).

But you can create add a new module to Gephi, and that module could be released as a plugin installable to base Gephi. It can contain a new window, actions or anything you need.

Check our wiki to see how to develop new features. Also this http://wiki.gephi.org/index.php/Plugins_portal

Eduardo

diarra

Post by diarra » 02 Aug 2012 13:51

Ok thank you i'll see it

diarra

Post by diarra » 07 Aug 2012 09:44

Hi,
Are you sure that it's only in org.gephi.tools.plugin where i make changes?
Because i made changes but the edges are no longer clickable.
Thanks

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 07 Aug 2012 21:46

Hi,
Edges are not clickable in Overview.
Edit window is opened for edges in data laboratory (first option on edge right click).

That's the package for edit window, but you can change any other module if you need to.

Eduardo

diarra

Post by diarra » 08 Aug 2012 08:54

Hi,
So what can i do to make it clickable?
Because i would like to see the edges properties like for nodes in the window "Edition" when i click on it.
Thanks

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 08 Aug 2012 15:50

Hi,
Unfortunately it won't be as easy as for nodes.
Current 'Visualization Module' module does not automatically handle edge click events (check class org.gephi.visualization.apiimpl.VizEvent) so there is no edge click org.gephi.tools.spi.ToolEventListener either.

So, without modifying Visualization Module (big and complex), you could try to add a org.gephi.tools.spi.MouseClickEventListener to the edit tool, and process the click coordinate to figure out if it is near from an edge, then edit it in the Edit window.

Eduardo