[SOLVED] Access plugin variables through jython console?

Extensions and customization
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sfranky
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] Access plugin variables through jython console?

Post by sfranky » 01 Jun 2012 15:37

hi everyone!
can someone please tell me if it's possible to access other plugins' stuff from within the console?
I want e.g. to access the z-axis data in the CoordinateView plugin, is this possible?

thanks very much,
Sotiris

sfranky
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: how to access plugin variables through jython console?

Post by sfranky » 03 Jun 2012 18:49

anyone?
come on you guys, I think all I need to know is how to find the name of a variable used by a plugin!
pleeease?

luizribeiro
Gephi Plugin Developer

Post by luizribeiro » 03 Jun 2012 20:11

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I'm not really sure if I understand your question, but I'll give it a try. This is also the first time that I use the CoordinateView plugin.

If I understand it correctly, the CoordinateView plugin allows you to use attribute columns from the nodes properties to arrange the graph, right?

Well, if you're using a column named "myx" as X-Ordinate on CoordinateView, you just have to access the "myx" attribute of a node from the console:

Code: Select all

>>> v1.myx
In this example, v1 is the node with id 1. The same example applies to the Z-Ordinate.

sfranky

Post by sfranky » 03 Jun 2012 20:47

well, that was a stupid question !!!! I was thinking the opposite way, that I needed to have access to the name of the z-axis, where now you re telling me I can just manipulate the actual variable :oops:
it seems to work fine.
Thanks for your excellent plugin, it felt like fresh air coming in in gephi ! I m not a programmer, I only know a little bit of python, and having to do stuff on java/c++ gives me the creeps !!
i had some other minor questions, but i can't remember any now.. i ll post as soon as I remember..
Is it possible to do a timeline by using your plugin??

luizribeiro
Gephi Plugin Developer

Post by luizribeiro » 03 Jun 2012 20:52

The plugin doesn't support time-varying networks. I plan to implement timeline support, but I'm not yet really sure about how this should work. If you have ideas, please share them! ;)

I'm really glad that you liked the plugin! Let me know if you have more questions.