Average plugin publication delay

Extensions and customization
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
evilefi
Average plugin publication delay

Post by evilefi » 09 May 2012 11:04

Hi,

I just wanted to ask how long it usually takes the project team to check newly submitted plugins.

I submitted a clustering plugin some days ago and heaven't heard from it for some time now. No pushing here... - it's just that I want to make sure no technical problem prevented the plugin from reaching your servers or me from receiving some change proposals from you guys.

Thanks for your feedback (and of course for Gephi itself)

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Average plugin publication delay

Post by admin » 09 May 2012 13:15

Hi,

Your plugin can't be started, it seems that we have an issue with the Clustering API.

After testing, we have see that:
- Clustering algorithms execute button is only enabled if I click new project and load a file, but not enabled if I directly load the file. Possibly a bug in our UI.
- The algorithm seems to run fine after doing that.
- Only with this plugin, if I click on Group in any cluster, gephi freezes. Can this be a problem of the plugin? I have to check out clustering API and see where it happens.

So I've just validated it, but be aware of these issues, thanks.

evilefi

Re: Average plugin publication delay

Post by evilefi » 09 May 2012 13:48

Hi,

thanks for your quick reaction.

I did not experience the hidden button phenomenon at all when starting Gephi from within Netbeans.

Concerning the Grouping bug I just thought it had something to do with my Implementation of setMetaNode() and getMetaNode(); where I used them as Getter and Setter for a private variable which appeard a bit over-simplistic but I just checked the mcl plugin does it the same way.

Maybe I should store the Cluster's nodes in a Node[] instead of a List<Node> - for some strange reference type vs. value type issues... I am a bit puzzled.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable