Implementing a pop-up

Extensions and customization
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
szalejot
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Implementing a pop-up

Post by szalejot » 08 Mar 2012 15:45

Hi,
I have some experience in developing (but I'm not a programming master) and I am thinking about writing a plugin to Gephi. Please give me feedback, how difficult this implementation would be (easy/medium/hard/impossible) and where to start.

I'm thinking about plugin which can use url attribute. After pointing a node (hover or click) it will read url attribute, check if url leads to image and (if it is url to image) show pop-up under cursor with this image loaded from remote server.

I think about such as plugin, because I would like to use Gephi to visualize large databases of images, with some relations between them (edges).

What do you think about this idea and it's complexity?

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Implementing a pop-up

Post by eduramiba » 10 Mar 2012 13:10

Hi,
Would you like that in overview or preview?
In preview, plugins currently can't receive mouse events. That may be implemented in the future.

In overview, you can create context menu actions, and this plugin https://gephi.org/plugins/linkfluence-plugin/ has something similar to what you need with urls.

Eduardo