[IMPORTANT] Plugin ideas

Extensions and customization
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[IMPORTANT] Plugin ideas

Post by mbastian » 10 Feb 2010 10:48

Hi, I think it is a good idea to share our plugin ideas here. Gephi has a extendable architecture, therefore it is very easy to add new features.

In particular, it is easy to create plugins for new
* Layout
* Statistics/Metrics
* Filter
* Import (file, database, stream)
* Export (file, database, stream)
* Tool (interaction with visualization)
* Generator
* Clustering algorithm

For developers, see Gephi's Javadoc. Gephi developers like me wants to help you to know how doable are these plugin ideas and help you when you start developing.

dan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [IMPORTANT] Plugin ideas

Post by dan » 11 Feb 2010 07:44

I am interested in using spatial spread to indicate temporal organisation of my data.

The idea's that I have had to allow this are either to allow three dimensional spatialisation or, probably more easily implemented, a filter that allows an ordered attribute to be converted to a z-position.

cheers