PDF Export Fails when nodes' labels are showing

Extensions and customization
theo_p
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PDF Export Fails when nodes' labels are showing

Post by theo_p » 26 Aug 2011 21:56

Hi All,

I am running Gephi 0.8 Alpha on win 7 x64. I import a ~13.000 nodes, 37.000 edges graph and layout with Force Atlas. When I enable to show nodes' labels in the preview, I can not export in pdf. If I disable the labels, everything works smoothly. The same is happening when I try to export with Seadragon & Loxa Web Site Export.
What is the case and how can i fix this. I really need the labels!

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: PDF Export Fails when nodes' labels are showing

Post by admin » 27 Aug 2011 13:20

Hi,

Can you share the graph file? Did you try with a smaller sample?

theo_p

Post by theo_p » 27 Aug 2011 16:16

I have tried it in much smaller portion of the graph of around 1000 nodes but still no luck.the export process go to 100% down and right on the window, but it never disappears. Also the .pdf file that it creates is of 0bytes size. I would rather not share the graph as it consists of private information.

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 27 Aug 2011 16:27

Okay this is a recent bug, we'll try to fix it asap. Did you used an updated Gephi?

If so, you can uninstall it and re-install it without applying the auto-updates. That should work.

theo_p

Post by theo_p » 27 Aug 2011 16:28

Yes, I had applied all updates... ok i will try right now! thank you!

theo_p

Post by theo_p » 27 Aug 2011 16:38

It didn't really work. I uninstalled Gephi, downloaded and installed a fresh copy, applied to updated, but once again pdf export fails.

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 27 Aug 2011 16:43

Do it again but don't update the application, because we may have deployed a bug with the last update.

theo_p

Post by theo_p » 27 Aug 2011 16:49

excuse me, on the previous post I meant Applied NO updates! and it didn't work.

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 27 Aug 2011 17:06

Uninstall Gephi, remove the folder:

Code: Select all

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\.gephi
Then re-install it.

theo_p

Post by theo_p » 27 Aug 2011 17:28

Did what you suggested. Still no luck.