PDF Export Fails when nodes' labels are showing

Extensions and customization
mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: PDF Export Fails when nodes' labels are showing

Post by mbastian » 27 Aug 2011 17:33

Can you try with a different Font?

We have a system that loads the system fonts and try to embeds the font you are using in the PDF. If this process fails it's possible the PDF won't be exported. This process might fail because of the font you are using or a corrupted font installed on your system. Can you attch the content of the log file? Thanks. It's located at

Code: Select all

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\.gephi\dev\var\log\message.log

theo_p
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by theo_p » 27 Aug 2011 17:51

I have tried with different fonts but it didn't help. Please find attached the log file.
Attachments
messages.log
Log file
(22.66KiB)Downloaded 158 times

theo_p

Post by theo_p » 30 Aug 2011 22:20

Hi,

did you manage to reproduce the bug?

kgeographer

Post by kgeographer » 04 Sep 2011 20:39

Hello -- I have had the same problem just now, trying to export PDFs for projects and files I've done successfully before. What's changed? New computer, 64bit v 32, fancier graphics card. Excerpts from 2 logs files below, 1st that fails, 2nd that works (don't see how to attach files). Same 0.8alpha on both.

Shows it hung at identifying GL vendor. A second log file from a computer at work shows a generic Microsoft GL vendor

1) doesn't work
GL_VENDOR: ATI Technologies Inc.
GL_RENDERER: AMD RADEON HD 6670
GL_VERSION: 4.1.10428 Compatibility Profile Context
Add select
... end of file

2) works
GL_VENDOR: Microsoft Corporation
GL_RENDERER: GDI Generic
GL_VERSION: 1.1.0
Diagnostic information
Input arguments:
-Xms64m
-Xmx512m
-Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true
-Dsun.awt.noerasebackground=true
-Duser.language=en
... goes on and on from here

Seems cut and dried, but didn't really want to go in to the office today! ;^)

Karl G
ps thanks for great software

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Post by mbastian » 05 Sep 2011 19:52

Thanks for the log message. I was not able to reproduce the bug directly but I bet it's because you're using the JRE7. The PDF exporter tries to export fonts and this is broken on Java 7 (related to bug 823543).

Hopefully this has been fixed in the upcoming release.