gml export

Extensions and customization
megaterik
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
gml export

Post by megaterik » 10 Aug 2011 04:36

Hi everyone,

This is plugin for .gml export. It supports all tags that gml importer supports and has option to include tags that were readed by importer and saved in node or edge attribute table.

Branch:
https://code.launchpad.net/~megaterik/g ... l_exporter

Source code:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~megaterik/ ... er/plugin/
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~megaterik/ ... er/plugin/

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Re: gml export

Post by seinecle » 10 Aug 2011 10:25

Hi, cool!

Is it already available to download somewhere as a plugin, or is it for the next version of Gephi?

Thx!

Clement

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by admin » 10 Aug 2011 10:42

Hi megaterik,

I'll review your code and try it, and will integrate it to the trunk if it's okay. This feature is also funded.

Thanks for the work!

megaterik

Post by megaterik » 10 Aug 2011 15:56

seinecle wrote:Hi, cool!

Is it already available to download somewhere as a plugin, or is it for the next version of Gephi?

Thx!

Clement
Hi,

It is for next version of Gephi and currently available only as source code on launchpad(however I can make plugin too, if someone needs).

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 11 Aug 2011 20:08

Hi,

Everything seems fine on LesMiserables but the node attributes :
- w,h,d : what is it?
- Modularity Class has disappeared

megaterik

Post by megaterik » 12 Aug 2011 02:57

Hi,
admin wrote: - w,h,d : what is it?
Width, height, depth. This is standart tags, gephi importer uses only w, should I remove others? I thought that object with y-coordinate has height.
admin wrote: Modularity Class has disappeared
gml techical report wrote: Consistency
Consider the following situation: a file includes information of some graph theoretical property, say the existence of a
Hamiltonian circle. It is easy to see that this information may become invalid if an edge is removed, but not if an edge is added.
However, a program that does not know about Hamilton cycles will not be able to check and guarantee this property.
Another example is if a node is moved, then the coordinates of its adjacent edges must be updated. However, some programs
always treat edges as straight lines from center to center and do not take care about this. Other programs might draw the edges
in a more complex way, for example adjust the arrows at the end of the edge to the node's shape. Even more, an attribute
IsDrawnPlanar might become invalid when node or edge coordinates have changed.
As these examples show, both changes in the structure and in the values of attributes can make other attributes invalid. We
therefore need a way to specify which attributes are safe with changes and which not. This is done my the following rule:
Any keyword which starts with a capital letter should be considered invalid as soon as any changes have occurred.
We call such a key unsafe.
This means that it is still possible to add the above information with keys like "HasHamiltonianCircle" or "IsDrawnPlanar", but in
practice, this information will not be written to a file unless the application knows how to deal with that particular attribute.
I turned this off, so Modularity Class now exportable.

UPD: I just understood that Tokenizer still can't read some of possible tag names, so I will add more complicated function

megaterik

Post by megaterik » 13 Aug 2011 09:40

Hi,

Everything was fixed, please take a look when you got free minute

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 14 Aug 2011 10:01

Hi,

Okay we keep w, h, d.

It's almost perfect but I integrate it with this slight change:
The export option "Other" should be named "Attributes" and ticked by default, because if the user don't pay attention he will lose his data and will think about a bug.

Create a corresponding project on http://fundry.com/ so that you can get the reward.

Cheers!
Seb

megaterik

Post by megaterik » 15 Aug 2011 02:00

Hi,
Done.
Create a corresponding project on http://fundry.com/ so that you can get the reward.
May I use this? https://fundry.com/project/152-gephi-uc ... ter-plugin Features requests for exporter are unlikely and previous time I had to write to fundry support because they reject such small completed projects with homepage on free hosting :)

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 15 Aug 2011 08:42

Okay :)