geolocalisation

Extensions and customization
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
florent.hautefeuille
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
geolocalisation

Post by florent.hautefeuille » 19 May 2011 18:25

Bonjour
I'm archeologist and historian. I work on a modeling system of ancian landscape. I need a soft which is able to make representation of graphs with algorithm like force atlas. But I need to give geographic coordonates to a few of my nodes (in fact parcels). Before trying to work on Gephi, I would want to know if it is possible to give fixed geographic position to 10% of the nodes, and to let the algorythm working on all the others nodes and edges.
If this solution is possible, is it also possible to give geographic coordonates to the nodes in the csv file, before the importation in Gephi
Thank you .

The same in french
Je suis archéologue et je travaille actuellement à la modélisation de paysages anciens à partir de registres et non de plans. J'ai besoin pour cela d'un outil de visualisation de graphes qui accepterait de "bloquer" géographiquement parlant une petite part des noeuds. L'idée serait de pouvoir lancer des algo sur l'ensemble des noeuds mais en respectant la contrainte de position des noeuds figés. Avant de me lancer plus en avant dans l'usage de Gephi, j'aurais souhaité savoir si il était possible de réaliser cela sous Gephi. En outre, si c'est possible, peut-on attribuer des coordonnées à ces noeuds en amont, sur le fichier csv d'import de données initial.
Enfin question subsidiaire, peut-on envisager, sur Gephi, qu'un algo force le positionnement de deux noeuds en fonction des orientations géographiques. Si la paire A-B est orientée nord, B doit apparaître au dessus de A sur la représentation ?

Merci d'avance pour d’éventuelles réponses à ces questions ?

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: geolocalisation

Post by admin » 19 May 2011 18:43

Hello,

Yes it's all possible. You need to install the GeoLayout plugin: http://gephi.org/plugins/geolayout/
You can choose many projections including Mercator.
Discussions here: http://forum.gephi.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=224

You'll need to import latitude and longitude coordinates to make it work.

You can fix node positions by right-click on them, then apply "Settle nodes".

cheers!

florent.hautefeuille

Re: geolocalisation

Post by florent.hautefeuille » 19 May 2011 21:08

Thank you very much
I shall test