Optimizing on esacore Mac with 16GB

Once it's running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rjalex
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Optimizing on esacore Mac with 16GB

Post by rjalex » 24 Feb 2019 20:58

Dear friends,
I have a new MacBook with an i7 esacore 2.6GHz and 16GB RAM (and Radeon Pro 560X).

I am working with medium sized graphs (30-50k nodes - 200-500k edges).

java -version
java version "1.8.0_202-ea"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_202-ea-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.202-b03, mixed mode)

Gephi 0.9.2 works but kind of hangs with the largest tasks.

Question a) Do I need to install an older Java (1.7.x) version?

Question b) If I install a 1.7 JDK should I go for a 64bit version? Upon reading the install notes it seems that if you install a back level JDK the older JRE coming with it does NOT get installed. Does Gephi need a JDK or a JRE?

Question c) Provided a get the right 64 bit java installed correctly, how do I make sure Gephi and only Gephi points to it? Not sure I understand what incantation to place info Gephi.conf

Question d) For this 16GB machine which I'll use heavily for Gephi what are the recommended values for max and min RAM for both a 32 and a 64bit java?

Thank you very much in advance.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable