Create a dynamic graph from a series of static graphs

Once it's running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
alvarobrandon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Create a dynamic graph from a series of static graphs

Post by alvarobrandon » 17 Oct 2017 16:34

Hi all:

I've read here https://github.com/gephi/gephi/wiki/Imp ... atic-files that is possible to build a dynamic graph from a series of static GEPHX files. Now, it's not clear to me if you have to import each file hand by hand or it can be automated.

My use case is that I have a folder with about 150 files containing the status of the graph at timestamp "xxx". The name of the GEPHX file is basically that "xxx" timestamp. This is really similar to the example presented in the link above where the files are called 2007,2008 and so on.

My question is: Is it possible to tell Gephi to automatically import all the files in a given folder given that the name of the files follow some series of numbers.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Create a dynamic graph from a series of static graphs

Post by eduramiba » 17 Oct 2017 17:12

In gephi desktop app you can just select many files at once. For automation, you will need the gephi toolkit.

alvarobrandon

Post by alvarobrandon » 19 Oct 2017 18:16

Thanks for the prompt answer. I suppose I'm doing something wrong. I'm using Gephi 0.9.2:
- I go to File -> Open and I select all the files and open them like in the open.png attachment
- This opens a window like in the import_report.png attachment. It doesn't seem to detect that it's a dynamic graph as seen in the information.

I generate all this gefx files by exporting a set of Python's networkx graphs. I attach an example of the files it generates if it's of any help or you detect that I need to add some kind of info to the file.

This is a great tool for graph visualisation anyways. Thanks for the help! :)
Attachments
1507561414.gexf
(80.01KiB)Downloaded 187 times
import_report.png
open.png

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 20 Oct 2017 16:16