Can't configure multiple edges between 2 nodes

Once it's running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
logic8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Can't configure multiple edges between 2 nodes

Post by logic8 » 12 Apr 2017 23:04

Look at image attached. I am just trying to set-up a graph where I have multiple edges between nodes.

I tried the following CSV configuration :

edges :
ID,source,target

nodes:
ID,label

Can anyone help. There has to be a way to implement the picture below .

Right now I only get one edge in overview graph. However, I want 3 edges
Attachments
sample_graph.png

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Can't configure multiple edges between 2 nodes

Post by eduramiba » 12 Apr 2017 23:10

Hi,
That's the correct way to do it, indeed it creates 3 different edges in Data Laboratory edges table. But Gephi is not capable of showing different arrows for repeated edges yet, so they will show as a single edge.

logic8

Post by logic8 » 12 Apr 2017 23:15

Great to know. Thank you for the quick response.

Are you suggesting in the future Gephi might be able to show multiple arrows for repeated edges ?

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 12 Apr 2017 23:34

Yeah, it's more probable to be available in the "Preview" section.

logic8

Post by logic8 » 13 Apr 2017 03:13

That is great to know. I have just started using the software. What is the "preview " section ?

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 13 Apr 2017 11:04

In preview is where you can create high quality vector graphics and export them to svg, pdf or png. Overview is more for fast and real time interaction to explore and manipulate the graph.

logic8

Post by logic8 » 13 Apr 2017 16:18

Got it, thanks. When you said preview, I thought you meant software preview , like 0.9.2 or something