Needing a REFRESH button in 'Appearance'

Once it's running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
benglasson
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Needing a REFRESH button in 'Appearance'

Post by benglasson » 11 Apr 2017 07:53

Having trouble with assigning node colours based on partitions. It worked fine the first time, but when you recalculate modularity, the colours remain the same. I've tried this so many times with different networks.
Most users have a REFRESH button, but not on my version.
I'm running on a Mac, OS 10.12.2. Up to date Gephi.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Needing a REFRESH button in 'Appearance'

Post by eduramiba » 11 Apr 2017 11:33

Hi,
Refresh button was on old versions of gephi to recalculate what columns were available for partition, but it's no longer necessary.

When you change the values of a column, the possible values will also change on appearance, but you will need to generate a new color palette if you need one.

benglasson

Post by benglasson » 11 Apr 2017 13:33

I think it's still required. The problem is both trying to do an initial partition by modularity class (sometimes), and reapplying the partitions after recalculating the classes.
The modularity column is definitely updating in the data table.
What could be a fix - at least temporarily?

benglasson

Post by benglasson » 11 Apr 2017 13:48

Just to clarify, the problem is sometimes the modularity classes not updating in the appearance tab and the graph, and sometimes, initially, there being no option in the appearance/nodes/partition dropdown.
screenshot.jpeg

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 11 Apr 2017 14:22

Uhm, that must be a bug. Have you installed all available updates? (Help - Check for updates)

benglasson

Post by benglasson » 11 Apr 2017 14:57

Yes, I had already checked and it was up to date.
I've noticed a couple of other glitches with the data table previously. Once, when attempting a merge from a date column to an interval column, the results were only coming through as infinity. It only worked, finally, when I asked for the merge to come from a text (actual text, not numbers) column with a completely different name, two columns to the right of the date column. So there was something awry with the labeling of the columns at some level.

meikamona@gmail.com

Post by meikamona@gmail.com » 10 May 2017 13:22

Total noob here coming through the tutorial and so google the lack of a refresh button. I've read the above and see it should automagically appear.

Just confirming that my drop down list does not populate but then I've been fiddling all the way through and my nodes don't look very different now in Les Mis now. :D

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 10 May 2017 14:30

Hi,
Refresh does not apply any partition or ranking, it just refreshed the columns list. Check this tutorial https://seinecle.github.io/gephi-tutori ... -z-en.html