[FIXED] edge label on preview

Once it's running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
paul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[FIXED] edge label on preview

Post by paul » 21 Oct 2010 10:30

Hi there,

I encountered a little paper cut this morning.
I want to export a graph with a specific edge attribute as edge label.

In Overview, no problem I can choose a see my specific label on edges.
But once I switch to preview mode I experiences some problems.

first to be able to see label on edges you should not choose "curved" mode for edges.

Then I couldn't see other label than the "Label" attributes. Even if an alternate attribute had been chosen in the overview, it's not displayed in the preview but the official Label.

I found a workaround thanks to this marvellous new Data Laboratory which allows now to "copy data to another column". So I did copy my attribute to be shown as label inside the official "Label" column and here I am !

I might enter a bug on this issue ?

Paul

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: edge label on preview

Post by admin » 21 Oct 2010 12:47

You can add these features to the Idea List

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Post by mbastian » 21 Oct 2010 13:14

I created a bug for this issue. It was small mistake so I fixed it immediately. I also deployed the patch so you can update your Gephi.

Label for curved edges is an improvement. I created a student project idea for arrows on curved edges, we could do the same for the text drawing.

paul

Post by paul » 21 Oct 2010 17:23

great !

thanks for this amazingly quick reaction as usual !

Ok I am going to add something else about labels on the idealist :
to allow line breaks into long-text Labels to improve readability when dealing with text mining graphs.

I tried many line break formats but couldn't find any to indeed wrap the labels in overview.

would that be hard to implement ?

Paul

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Post by mbastian » 25 Oct 2010 19:09

No that would be doable I think. One could enable an option to enable the visualization to look for line breaks and display multi line labels. As far as we can obtain the width and the height of any string, its not difficult to then display a centered multi-line labels. Actually, the "org.gephi.visualization.opengl.text.TextUtils" already contains some code to do that, but for some reason it is not used, probably lack of time or bad performance.