Placement of node label

Once it's running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Msteffen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Placement of node label

Post by Msteffen » 05 Dec 2016 19:41

Is there a way to change the placement of the node label?

I would like the label to just be at the side of the node, rather than on top of it.

Thanks,
Mike

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Placement of node label

Post by eduramiba » 06 Dec 2016 10:56

Not for the moment, but I suggest you to export to SVG and move the labels with an editor such as Inkscape.

jos1518

Re: Placement of node label

Post by jos1518 » 08 Dec 2016 06:51

by accident, I discovered the following work-around.
1. open Label text settings (that little icon on the bottom of the overview panel placed in about in the middle and the right-most of the the left-justified icons)
2. Select Nodes
3. select two attributes on the list,
4. click ok. you should see both attributes displayed in the overview panel graph.
5. Repeat 1 and 2
6. Deselect one of the attributes (I think it should be the second in the display pair)
7. click ok. you should see the single selected attribute placed to the left of the node.

retention. left node placement retains through zoom and pan. Not sure for other operations.

Note to development staff. an offset dialog (e.g. see AVS/Express text glyph module) should be addable to the dialog because node label and node symbol overlap is poor display semantics....IMHO