"Refresh" or "Clear" button in Overview

Once it's running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
arefossaa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
"Refresh" or "Clear" button in Overview

Post by arefossaa » 24 Nov 2016 13:31

Hi,
I am using the 0.9.1 version of Gephi, and working with my graph I want to color the nodes in relation to their community. This works fine by running the "Modularity" function in the Network Overview and choosing the "Modularity Class" in the Partition area.

Problem is if I want to change the scale values for the Modularity function and apply the new color paletts, I need to load the graph all over, else it turns mostly gray.

So is there any way to refresh or clear the applied changes in the Overview space? Or maybe something like a CTRL + Z function? I can see from jengolbecks tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LMnpM0p4cM) that a refresh button at least existed in v.0.8.2.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: "Refresh" or "Clear" button in Overview

Post by eduramiba » 24 Nov 2016 16:59

Hi,
In Gephi 0.9.1 it's not necessary to refresh columns in partition.

Just make sure to:
1. Have latest updates installed
2. Recalculate Modularity when you need it in statistics panel
3. Apply ranking based on attribute Modularity Class (not unique) and choose a proper palette before applying it (not all grey).

arefossaa

Post by arefossaa » 25 Nov 2016 13:56

It seems like if you recalculate the modularity the used color palettes act "taken", so you have to assign colors manually. So I guess it works, just a little inconvenient.

adm2go

Post by adm2go » 02 Dec 2016 21:48

I found that simply clicking on the statistics tab and then returning to the filter tab helps to reset some settings.